Saturday, September 06, 2008

CU Football






Well, Despite our AC going out the morning of, and our dogs being "home alone" (they loved it) all day, Lee and I packed up and headed down to good ol' Campbell to see their latest attempt to become like all other colleges... first co-ed dorms, now FOOTBALL! It was a beautiful day, just 100 degrees! My makeup literally melted off of my face, but not before its SPF power spared my face from getting burned... too bad Lee does not wear makeup... he was as red as a tomato by the end of the day!

In usual Campbell fashion,... we lost at the end by 6 points. But I must admit (start your recorders here), they did much better than I anticipated. They actually looked like a football team! But i had a much rosier view of them before I found out that their opponents only started their football team last year!

2 comments:

The Townleys said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! We'll try and make it for homecoming weekend! I hope we can- it looks insane! So excited!

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

Oh my! I almost fell out in the floor when I saw that their score actually made the little scrolling thing on ESPN that day.

Methinks Campbell is quite a different place than when I left.