Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Baby Girl...

I realize now that I forgot to post the pics from the day that I told Lee that we were preggers: I wanted to do something different as I couldn't come up a way to just say it other than the oh so original, "so, uh, we're pregnant!." We weren't trying to get pregnant so I was pretty shocked that morning when I woke up and just took the test on a whim and found:



Knowing how bad my secret-keeping skills are I figured that I had to come up with a way to tell Lee quickly in the hopes of avoiding blurting it out. I ended up taking an old tee shirt of Paige's (yes, I am a dork that sometimes thinks it's funny to dress my dogs in puppy tee shirts or polos - shut it). Anyways, I turned it inside out and wrote a note to Lee from Paige on it since she always greets him at the door as soon as it opens. I ended up getting a great second picture, the first one was pretty blurry as Lee looked back and forth between me and Paige. Once he realized that it meant a baby and not another dog he was thrilled! :-)




It's been quite the week after finding out that Mini-Lee was in fact, Mini-Leigh... we were both convinced that it was going to be a boy and both had the same reaction: "what would we do with a girl?"
After a few days I have come up a few reasons why I think God is giving us a little girl...
1) she'll be able to wear and totally pull off a pink Yankees or Jets jersey ;-)
2) she'll have Lee wrapped so far around her finger it won't even be funny
3) Lee hated every single boy name that I loved but we were able to compromise on a little girl name: Addyson! (middle name is still currently under negotiations)
4) a boy totally would have looked funny on a softball field ;-)

I found this quote online that I liked that pretty much sums it up. We go back Feb 2 to see little Addy on another ultrasound, hopefully she'll cooperate so they can get the rest of the pictures that they were looking for the other day!

"A daughter is a beautiful reflection of God's grace."
Author: Lynn A. Pena

2 comments:

The Townleys said...

Yeah. The girl thing will grow on you. Just wait. :-) I'm so excited for you guys. I wish we lived closer so we could see you more often...or at all.... :-)

Kelli Weyand said...

I know how you feel! We really wanted a boy with Maddie, and it took me a while to be ok with having a girl. I didn't want a family full of girly, dramatic, emotional princesses, which is exactly what God gave me with Maddie, but I can't imagine life any better! That's why we're not finding out with this one, b/c I REALLY want a boy this time, but I figure once I go through 9 months of pregnancy and labor for hours, I'm not going to care at all what the baby is! The idea will grow on Lee too...now Brandon wants another girl!