Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!



I started off the weekend the right way with getting off of work early on Friday :-) Then it was an exciting Friday night spent cleaning the house, playing with my dogs, and hanging out with my husband. Saturday night I convinced Lee to go to Lowes with me to buy a new bannister for our stairwell... which took up most of our time on Sunday to cut, sand, and stain it. Saturday night was FIGHT NIGHT! Chaise and Heather came over for dinner and the fight and we hit up the huge sale at New York and Company for some new clothes before heading back home to watch the fight. My boy Tito lost his last UFC fight but other than that it was pretty fun... complemented by the awesome margaritas that Chaise made ;-)

Went to see Prince Caspain on Monday... the movie was as good as I remember the book to be. Then we took our little demon... I mean Paige, to the vet to get her fixed up from a horrible ear infection. We also learned that Paige continues to gain weight (10lbs) in the past year 1/2 despite the diet efforts we have been trying to subject her to. Apparently, beagles are at high risk for thyroid issues that require medication to regulate.... so it may NOT be my fault (as Lee blames me) for her increasing girth and pudge. HA! She'll get tested for it in August so until then it's Kibbles and carrots for my fat girl....

No comments: