Monday, June 02, 2008

stupid soccer moms....


Well, I set out on this whole "blog" thing with the hopes of updating daily... HA! Oh well, at least I am making an attempt at the whole weekly update thing. I went out last week an got the Wii Fit.... awesome game! However, the story behind me getting it was crazy!
Anyways, the new Best Buy was opening in Charlotte and as the dork that I am (shocker I know) I decided to go to the Pre-Grand Opening preview as I am a Rewards card member. So i arrive, 45 minutes before the store opened (again, as the true dork that I am), I foolishly thought that no other losers would show up early to get the free $25 gift card to the first 50 people to the store... i mean, don't these people have to work? So i turn the corner and there are a TON of people standing outside of the store... waiting... Wow, I'm not alone! Needless to say, i got a gift card! I was number 47 out of 50... SCORE! So I go in... hoping to grab the Wii Fit and get out... who else would wait in line for a fitness game? Oh dear... let me say that I get to the video game section to find another line of all middle-aged ladies, waiting for the Wii Fit. The girl says they have 8 of them and I start to count: 6,7,8... I'm the eighth person in line.... so I'm good right? WRONG. Lady number seven, aka Soccer Mom Crack, takes the Wii Fit she is handed, and then turns around, ELBOWS me out of the way, and takes my Wii Fit!!! I was pissed!

All of that, I ended up with getting a coveted Wii Fit at the Walmart of all places... crazy stuff I tell ya... and to top it all off.. I go home to do the Wii Fit and it made my Mii fat! (I now hinge upon the cusp of my Mii's shirt covering her stomach or being slightly exposed due to fat.... stupid video games....)

4 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

GREAT STORY! HEHEHE

Karen said...

Love to hear about those FREE GIFT CARDS! You go, girl!! What's up with that soccer mom taking YOUR Wii too?? You played soccer; couldn't you have showed her what you know and gotten it back?? :)

Kelli said...

Haha! That cracks me up....I got a Wii Fit for my birthday ( I wasn't about to stand in line for one ;) ) and the other day I got on and made my Mii and did the fitness test thingy. As I watched my Mii shrink and my tummy bulge out the sides It was by far one of the most depressing things I've done and I wanted to cry. It's a lot of fun, but not a good ego boost :)

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

Too funny! I'd hate to see what my mii would look like. I have a feeling the will be a Wii entering our house at Christmas, and I'm sure Justin is going to want the Wii fit as a part of another one of his get fit schemes. You'll have to let me know if it's good. I don't trust my sister to actually use hers.