Monday, June 02, 2008

Four Really Good Reads (in my humble, yet completely correct opinion)







"For Women Only and For Men Only" - great books for anyone involved in a relationship... it uses a psychological survey of thousands of men and women to inform their counterparts of the things that they really want them to know but do not know how (or just don't) say or do. Really informative but also a good reminder of the differences between men and women.

"Be Intolerant" - probably one of my 'pet peeves' is the whole idea of the push for tolerance in society.... I won't get on my soapbox today but Ryan Dobson does a great job not only explaining why tolerance is stupid and dangerous but why Christians need to stand for something in the face of our "tolerance" crazed society. Makes good points about why true and total tolerance is a farce and explains my point of view in ways that I don't think I could ever articulate.

"When Bad Christians Happen to Good People" - Challenges todays church to be "sinner sensitive" and more aware of our interactions with unsaved people. Good ideas in an easy to read format that challenges more than condemns....

2 comments:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Hey Girl-

Caleb and I are going to be busy all day Saturday with the graduation and then the party. You name a time on Sunday and we'll be there. We could meet for brunch or lunch or just hang out sometime that day. Let us know!

Karen said...

Yes. I've found those books For Women Only and For Men Only are actually good books to read every once in awhile, to remind ourselves of what we already knew but forgot about. :)