Thursday, May 08, 2008

STOP thief!!!



Well, I had to tell Lee the sad news this morning. His prized roses that he had been watering and Seven-Dusting (don't ask), have been absconded from our very yard. I suppose it might make more sense to explain that our house is on a corner lot... a corner that also happens to be the neighborhood school bus-stop. Oh, and the children in our lovely little corner of the world are PUNKS! Last year I caught two of them in a fight up against our house (the girl was actually beating the boy's head up against the side of our house)... these are quality 4th graders I tell you. Anyways, today the young hooligans were out having an argument outside, prompting me to look out the window. I quickly ignored the argument as I saw one of the young girls emerge from the side of our house,.... holding and smelling 3 fresh red roses. Cute, except I quickly realized that she had made a bouquet out of OUR nice red roses. Then one of her friends notices the flowers and starts to walk over (I presume to snatch the last two off of our once-blooming bush). I must say, I am not proud of it, but I became "that" lady... you know, the one beating on the window and glaring at the kids through the cracked blinds. Yes, yes, I know I am crazy, but those kids should thank the good Lord that Lee wasn't home to witness the theft.

What has happened to kids these days? I hope she got pricked and bled for her thievery! So there little girl... so there!