Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Crystal!





Those that know me, know how much I love my birthday... the highlight of "birthday week" (aka the week following Thanksgiving :-) ) This year started out awesome with these flowers that were delivered to work on my birthday. Followed by Nathan's hotdogs for dinner that night with Lee... and TICKETS TO SWITCHFOOT!

To realize why this was important, you have to know that 1) I love Switchfoot and Jon Foreman... 2) I have been nagging Lee to see Switchfoot in concert again before Jon goes solo for good and the band breaks up.... 3) Switchfoot has come and gone to Charlotte area 3 times in the past 4 years and we have not gone to see them for various reasons.

However, 12/12/08, it all came together... Switchfoot came to Charlotte as the opener for 3 Doors Down (which meant that I didn't realize they were coming) and was surpised to get the tickets! We hit up Rusan's for awesome sushi before heading to the concert. Lee got us actual seats which was nice so we could sit through the local opener who were ok, but not great. Then... Switchfoot!!

Their set list...
Gravity
Gone
a Tom Petty cover song
Beyonce's Crazy in Love cover as a preamble to their song "Gone"
This is Your Life (where Jon jumped up and sang from the stands.... literally 20 feet from where we were at)
Home
Dare You to Move
Meant to Live


Then we stood in line at Lee's suggestion to wait for autographs... felt silly? yeah, me and the screaming high school girls who jumped up and down... but worth it for 2 tickets signed by the band? heck yeah!!!!

3 Doors Down finished up the night with a set of hits... some old, some new... but all pretty good.

4 comments:

Jenny Haller said...

That black and white picture is pretty sweet! And yeah for Birthday week!!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday....even though I'm late.

Caleb said...

Happy Birthday Crystal! Now how are you going to top that for Lee's birthday! (I suggest a Caleb in a cake)

PS. The secuirty word to make this post is "glimpsy". I thought it was funny.

Ron Welsh said...

Crystal,
Thanks for the Christmas card. One is on the way for you and Lee. Is Erwin McManus your Pastor at Mosaic? My email is rwelsh@ec.rr.com this is so cool.