Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My morning...

So I feel like I tore a page out of the "Alexander's no-good, very bad, terribly horrible, Day" kid's book when I woke up this morning....

Late, yet chose to put the snooze on my alarm because....?

Then I leave, my husband still asleep in bed because he didn't have to go to work today until 2... lucky.

Go downstairs and realize that my cell phone is not charged because....shocker,.... I didn't plug it into the charger. Apparently, unlike studying in college where sleeping on my open books imported knowledge through osmosis, leaving a cell phone NEXT to the charger does... nothing.

On the to the garage, where I open the garage door, get into the Jeep, narrowly spilling my Diet Coke (which would have made for a Tragic morning...) and promptly back up....


and into our Corolla which is parked behind the Jeep and the outside of the garage door...

BAM!

at this point in time, a rational person would assume that I would cringe and think, oh crap!... but no... running through my mind at the time was "what the heck is in the way?"

ohhhh yeah,... our other freakin' car!

what did I do might you ask?

why I got out, moved the Corolla to the street for Lee to drive it to work, got back into the Jeep and drove it to work.

The Jeep doesn't seem to be damaged at all; but no, I did not even bother to look at the Corolla.

Yes folks, I'm that kind of wife... the one who'll hit your car and not even go back upstairs to tell ya about it. I suppose I should call Lee and tell him about the incident, in case there is a mark on the car and he automatically blames the punk neighborhood kids...

on second thought, maybe they're not such bad scapegoats after all.... ;-)

2 comments:

Caleb said...

well crystal, take it from a guy, a friend and husband... you had better start thinking about how you are going to buy back your man's favor! I would suggest goodies for his car-toy, or a chinchilla coat. yes, definately a chinchilla coat.

caleb

Crystal said...

hahaha... I don't even know where one would begin looking for a chinchilla coat...However, I did call him once I knew he was up to let him know.... and there is no damage. Except to my ego... haha

Either way, I'm sure making awesome food for him on Thursday will help ease his mind about my ability to handle responsibilities... ;-)

Besides, I've gotta save the car stuff and the chinchilla coat for big things I do wrong... hehe