Friday, April 09, 2010

I got your crazy

"You say I'm crazy? I got your crazy" - Britney Spears


Ahh, God bless Britney and her quotes to defend "the crazy." I started this blog in the hopes of giving a glimpse into our honest to goodness everyday life.... so I suppose that means you all get insight to the good, the bad, and today, the prego....
(duh duh duh)

[side note, I am fully aware that by saying "you all" that means you mom... and maybe 1 or 2 others... lol]

Anywho, so we all know that even non-knocked up Crystal is pretty serious about her lawn... I mean, I have been known to cut it twice just to get a grid pattern and then post a pic to facebook... I realize, I'm a dork.

So I've kept up with mowing the lawn, even as I've gotten more and more preggers (I figure it's just walking, heck, I'm even leaning on the mower handle itself and it is self-propelled so I don't see the harm in it)... So the grass is finally back to being green and thick and it's pretty freakin' fantastic if I don't say so myself... here... see for yourself.


That's right, you're jealous... don't judge, I feel like I am in some kind of candid camera competition with the teenage boys down the street who make their grass look better than mine...

So long story longer, it flat out pisses me off when inconsiderate people park on my grass. I realize that the fine people at the City of Charlotte actually own the strip of grass between the road and the sidewalk, but if I'm expected to keep it up, I expect people not to freakin' park their vehicles on it. Call it a pet peeve, but few things fire me up more than walking out and seeing tires in the middle of my grass.... or parked like this moron:


So tonight I go out to get some groceries and see that someone yet again is having a party and out of the 7 cars parked along my area of sidewalk, 4 of out of them are parking in the middle of the grass by the sidewalk.

I try to be responsible.... "Crystal, you're pregnant, you don't need stress.. and flipping out on your front grass is not a good thing..." I take some deep breaths, slam my car door to make myself feel better, and leave to go to the store.

Upon my return home I find a black Impala has parked, not only on my grass, but 1/2 in front of my driveway! Literally blocking my driveway and I had to drive on my actual FRONT LAWN just to GET INTO MY OWN DRIVEWAY.

To further add insult to injury, said owner of the car was walking out of my neighbor's house and proceeded to glare at me as I tried to maneuver around her car just to pull into my driveway.

I'm not proud, but the crazy came out... and I well, lost it. Big. Time. I definitely yelled at the lady who turned out to be about 55 (which kind of took the wind out of my sails a bit). By the time I got inside I realized that I had yelled so loudly that my own dogs cowered as I walked in to the house and slammed the door for good effect. I just might be slightly embarrassed now that I've calmed down...

So yeah.... "you call me crazy? I got your crazy."

4 comments:

The Townleys said...

Okay, I gotta say- MORE POWER TO YOU. (yeah, I have a crazy side, and I'm not even knocked up). That made me angry just to read about! And I feel like lately older people feel entitled for our respect just because they're older. We have a woman in our 'hood who is DOUBLE PARKING BEHIND OUR CARS. She hasn't been paying her HOA fees so they took her spaces, and now she parks behind our cars. Forgive me but WTH? Anyway, maybe she's related to your grass person. By the way, did they move their car from your driveway?? What happened?!?!!

Crystal said...

LOL - no she didn't, she left the car there... but I can't believe I left out the most important part... I wouldn't have said anything to her except she said "hey, you should be more careful, you almost hit my car."


and THAT is the moment that crazy emerged.


poor Lee, I called him to let him know what happened and he just laughed, but tried to tell me to keep the crazy in the house since he was at work and couldn't protect me from getting shot if I went all crazy out on my front yard again... LOL

medicmind said...

I totally sympathize with "crazy." My reply would be "guess you are drinkin again 'cause your parking is totally out of control."

How about spikes around the grass strip or is that not allowed?

Karen said...

So now you know why Dad used to be annoyed when people drove on our lawn, while trying to back UP the driveway to the street. :) Join the homeowners' club. Ha, ha.