Friday, August 12, 2011

A Poor Idea...

I was reading online this morning and heard mention in a few comments of  something ridiculous happening in DC (other than Congress, budgets, and debt talks).  I searched for awhile and found this article over here.

Wow.  That's about all I have to say on that.  Wonder how those poor firefighters think about the city putting them into a firefight of a whole other kind?  Wonder how the police officers feel about the city basically saying that they are not doing a good enough job and can be replaced by big shiny fire trucks who, if they should see something, will simply call the police.

How is that different than a city-paid neighborhood watch program?  Bet if they kept the firefighters actually fighting fire and not sitting in trucks watching for crime, they might be able to afford more cadets to go through the academy to actually do some police work!

My guess is that it will last until some hoodlum either pranks the fire trucks, or ends up injuring a fire fighter... then the community will make some noise about the ridiculousness of this.  Everyone seems to like fire fighters.... so do I , I just happen to like them fighting fires and taking care of accidents with medic... not patrolling the streets with fire extinguishers.

Just like I love my police officers, patrolling the streets with more than a water gun.

1 comment:

The Renfrows said...

Amen! Makes me thankful I don't live in DC!

We would love to meet you at Monkey Joes- we haven't been to the new one on Park but I've heard great things about it!